Paddle Board Yoga is Yoga performed on a Paddle Board. Paddle boards that are especially designed for the participant to enjoy the course to the full.
Paddle Board Yoga at Surfnpaddle aims to introduce you to a unique yoga experience while enjoying the natural splendour of floating on water.
This unique activity combines a variety of asanas that each time adjusts to the status of the participants, according to their abilities and prior experience with Yoga.
If you’re looking for a new challenge, yoga on a stand up paddle board will reinvigorate you and could become one of the highlights of your holiday. Whether you are a beginner or an avid yogi, we can promise that you will have the most amazing time with us.
Become one with the serene environment of Cascais Bay and let our teacher Ana guide you through a sequence of Yoga poses, following the flow of the crystal clear waters in Cascais.
Sup Yoga Benefits:
1. Good for your health.
It reduces stress, strengthens, tones and stretches your body and makes you feel fantastic. It can transform your life. When you combine SUP yoga with the natural elements of sunshine, water and fresh air, you get the added benefits that nature always provides. If you’re a nature lover, this is definitely for you!
2. Improves core strength on an unstable platform. When you take the practice of yoga out on a paddle board, you increase the challenge. You no longer have the stable earth, so you are forced to use your core stabiliser muscles. With that, you get a more challenging and rewarding workout. The technique is a bit different to traditional yoga in that we have certain poses and sequences that flow better than others. For the most part you can do many of the same poses on a yoga board and encourages you to get better by improving your balance skills. Just paddling in and out in itself is a great core workout.
3. Appreciate nature in a new way and break through any fears you have of deep water. I love to stand on a yoga board or be in a pose and look below the water to see fish or other sea life beneath me. It is so nice and exciting! I am a water lover from birth, so that helps. If you have a fear of the water or sea life, this can also help you to break through your fears. You are safe, and they are below you doing their thing. Looking at the blue sky! It is very uplifting to see the sky and birds above you; it brings you closer to nature.
4. A great way to bond! I love to practice SUP yoga with my friends. Its great being alone but even more magical when shared. Just being on the water with the sunshine is so blissful and relaxing. For the best paddle board experience its best to practice when the water is calm. In Cascais Bay it’s always possible to find calm water.
5. Anyone can do it! I have taught everyone from 5 year olds to people over 70 SUP Yoga. This is the amazing part about it. Unlike other board sports, it doesn’t really take much technical skill. With time and practice, you will get stronger and better to be able to do more advanced poses. If you can do a yoga pose on land, for the most part, you can eventually learn to do that on the board.
Yoga For Kids
Nature is our best teacher. By having direct experiences with nature we learn to love and preserve planet Earth, which is our home
What is yoga for children?
A Yoga class for children is prepared for them to get the most of a natural environment using the natural surroundings (the beach, the sea) as the main theme and setting. The classes are taught through stories, songs, games and relaxation that empower and teach the children the rules of how to live in society, how to respect everything and everyone, nature, animals and how to play and always have fun respecting others. Breathing properly coordinates their movements with the music, developing concentration. Learning to relax and calm them using tools that will be very useful in their day-to-day childhood, increasing their concentration and learning.
All these techniques have a very positive impact on children, because in addition to the physical benefits also increases their self-esteem, develop a positive attitude towards life, internalising respect for nature and those around them. So they grow up to become healthy adults, safe and cheerful, emotionally intelligent and with high degree of confidence.
Benefits of Yoga for Children
- Promotes Creativity
- Promotes correct posture (Back and legs)
- Balances the nervous system and the endocrine system
- Strengthens the immune system
- Promotes discipline
- Helps eliminate toxins through breathing
- Promotes self-esteem, self-confidence and self-knowledge;
NOTE FOR CHILDREN YOGA
Minimum age: from 8 years old – 6 years when accompanied by a parent.
Lesson 1 hour.
- The child should be able to swim or be comfortable around the water (buoyancy aids supplied).
- Children should bring a swimming costume, sandals/flip-flops/, a towel and sun cream
- 8 to 10 years (1st cycle)
- From 11 to 12 years (2nd cycle)
- 13 to 15 years (3rd cycle
- SUP Yoga
- 1 Hour Class
- SUP Yoga
- 5 classes or people
- SUP Yoga
- 10 classes or people
- Additional child
- Special discount for an additional family child brother/sister age 8+
- Parent +1 child
- Special family discount for a parent and child (age 6+)
- Family of 4
- Special family discount for 2 parents and 2 children (age 6+)