Nature is our best teacher. By having direct experiences with nature we learn to love and preserve planet Earth, which is our home
What is yoga for children?
A Yoga class for children is prepared for them to get the most of a natural environment using the natural surroundings (the beach, the sea) as the main theme and setting. The classes are taught through stories, songs, games and relaxation that empower and teach the children the rules of how to live in society, how to respect everything and everyone, nature, animals and how to play and always have fun respecting others. Breathing properly coordinates their movements with the music, developing concentration. Learning to relax and calm them using tools that will be very useful in their day-to-day childhood, increasing their concentration and learning.
All these techniques have a very positive impact on children, because in addition to the physical benefits also increases their self-esteem, develop a positive attitude towards life, internalising respect for nature and those around them. So they grow up to become healthy adults, safe and cheerful, emotionally intelligent and with high degree of confidence.
Benefits of Yoga for Children:
- Promotes Creativity
- Promotes correct posture (Back and legs)
- Balances the nervous system and the endocrine system
- Strengthens the immune system
- Promotes discipline
- Helps eliminate toxins through breathing
- Promotes self-esteem, self-confidence and self-knowledge;
- Promotes healthy breathing patterns;
- Increase the capacity for intellectual assimilation;
- Develops team spirit and cooperation;
- Develop strong and healthy bodies;
- Stimulates creative expression and imagination;
- Develop concentration skills, attention and relaxation;
- Ability to handle stress and anxiety in a more effective manner;
- Relax and sleep better
Benefits of Yoga for children in contact with nature:
- The nature boosts the ability of observation and creativity and instils a sense of peace and harmony with the world.
- Children who play in nature have more positive feelings about themselves, improving their self-esteem
- The beach is important for the development of children's independence and autonomy and also encourages social interaction among children.
- Stimulates the cognitive development of children, improving their thinking skills, awareness and observation.
- Through games and diverse techniques such as imaginative and creative play, children develop the language skills and collaboration.
- More motor fitness, such as movement coordination, balance and agility. This usually results in the children being less sick.
- Become aware of our connection with nature. During the classes we use animal postures, nature, share facts and interests about the environment.
Lesson: 1 hour
Prerequisites: The children must know how to swim.
What to bring: Swimsuit, flip flops, beach towel and sunscreen.
A - 8 to 10 years (1st cycle)
B - from 11 to 12 years (2nd cycle)
C - 13 to 15 years (3rd cycle)